|Event Type:||Multi-Day Road|
|Date(s) & Time:||Fri, Aug 25 2017
|Registration Cut Off:
Wed, Aug 23 2017 9:00:00 PM
|Event Duration:||2 nights, 2 - 1/2 days|
|Event Distance:||150 km|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Intermediate|
You must be logged in to get the Trip Coordinator contact information.
|Member Cost:||CAD $10.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
Members Only, 13 And Older Only
|Maximum Group Size:||20|
|Maximum No. Guests:||2|
|Minimum Group Size:||16|
|Maximum No. Guests Per Member:||0|
|Number Registered So Far:||
11 registered, 0 waiting or not paid yet. (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
|Arrive Friday morning at 11:00 AM to set up
camp at the River Grove Campground & ride 35k
to historical Wayne across the 8 bridges for
refreshments at the Last Chance Saloon - or
arrive late afternoon and join the
group for a Pot Luck social in the campground
at 6 PM.
Saturday ride east to Dorothy approximately 70
km with stops at the East Coulee School Museum
& the Atlas Coal Mine.
Sunday ride west to the Bleriot Ferry
with a lunch stop overlooking the Horse
Thief Canyon. Return via the Dinosaur
Trail to Drumheller on the south side of the
river approximately 60km.
Option to attend a Concert at the Passion Play
amphitheater featuring Randy Bachman of the
Guess Who Saturday night. Tickets are
Please call 403 823-2001 to buy tickets. Ask
for seats in the central area rows 12 - 14.
Please make your own reservation at the River
Grove campground - phone number is 403-823-
6655. Mention the bike group and ask for a
site near my site #135.
There are also cabins, teepees, and RV sites
|Required Items to Bring:|
Folding chair, cooler, food and snacks
for all meals, camp gear and bike gear.
Clothing for all weather conditions.
to share Friday night at the pot luck social.
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
sun screen, lip balm, bug spray, sun hat, seat
cushion & blanket for concert, beverages
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||leave Calgary east or north and follow
directions to Drumheller. We will stay at
the Rivergrove campground which is on the left
side across the bridge after the big dinosaur.
Plan to be on bikes at the campground
registration office at 1:00 if you want to do the
1/2 day ride Friday.
Wayne is approximately 20 km east of
- Registration is NOT COMPLETE until you've signed up and paid by the registration cut off date. The money must be in the EVCC's possession by that date. No exceptions.
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met. For any events where EVCC needs a minimum number of participants, there will be absolutely no refunds of money if you or your guest(s) cancel.
- Most club rides include city streets, secondary roads and or major highways. The club encourages members to follow the rules of the road at all times while participating in EVCC events.
- Riders must be aware that cycling, while enjoyable and great exercise, carries some risks including injury and death. Riders must be alert for hazardous conditions/situations throughout the course of a ride. If at any time a rider thinks a ride is unsafe, or feels unsafe, the rider should quit the ride.
- Details of this event are subject to change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify the club at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Member Cost:||CAD $10.00/Person|
|Cost Includes:||Co-ordinator's expenses for setting up the
event, making phone calls & donation to EVCC for
providing us such a great club to be part of.|
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the EVCC on Wed, Aug 23 2017.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please read the following Cancellation Policy carefully!