MTB SKILLS WORKSHOP - NOSE HILL - SAT, MAY 13 2017
Download to your Outlook Calendar
You are STRONGLY encouraged to read this page in its entirety before signing up. If you'd like to attend, we ask that you abide by our rules and procedures as a time/cost saving process (with an end result of keeping membership and event costs down).
|Event Location:||Nose Hill Park, SE corner|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, May 13 2017
|Registration Cut Off:
Fri, May 12 2017 4:00:00 PM
|Event Duration:||About 2 hours|
|Event Distance:||10 km|
|Difficulty Rating:||D2: Moderate|
You must be logged in to get the Trip Coordinator contact information.
Members Only, 18 And Older Only
|Maximum Group Size:||9|
|Maximum No. Guests:||0|
|Minimum Group Size:||7|
|Maximum No. Guests Per Member:||0|
|Number Registered So Far:||
8 registered, 0 waiting. (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
| Primarily for novice riders - or anyone who has been mountain bike riding and is still unsure or nervous of what do in some situations encountered when riding off road. |
The format will be very much a workshop type event rather than just riding around over a few obstacles. We will cover effective braking, cornering, shifting, and climbing, as well as bumps, dips, (little) drops, etc.
A few simple skills can keep you on your bike more during a ride and you can ride a little more efficiently - saving some energy. I have seen many people who, although they had been riding for a long time, still didn't know about a couple of the basics, so anyone is welcome. However, we will be working at the pace of any novice riders.
If you are signing up for this event, you MUST be prepared to challenge yourself a bit. We will not be doing anything crazy, but probably more than you have done before?
Bringing some knee/elbow pads would be fine - they can give you some more confidence! The worst injuries we have had before are badly bruised egos, though.
This event is weather dependent! We will only proceed it there are reasonably dry conditions and it is not raining/snowing.
|Required Items to Bring:|
MOUNTAIN BIKE IN GOOD WORKING CONDITION.
- Mountain bikes only (It is a mountain bike event!) -
Helmet - Mandatory!
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
Optional knee/elbow pads - If you don't have any, borrow some. (I have one large set someone could use)
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||We will meet at the parking lot off 14 St, NORTH of the Winter Club. It is the first Nose Hill access on 14 St north of John Laurie Blvd AND NORTH OF THE WINTER CLUB. The parking lot can be crowded, but you can park along the lower road if needed. We will meet at the upper lot.|
- Most club rides include city streets, secondary roads and or major highways. The club encourages members to follow the rules of the road at all times while participating in EVCC events.|
- Riders must be aware that cycling, while enjoyable and great exercise, carries some risks including injury and death. Riders must be alert for hazardous conditions/situations throughout the course of a ride. If at any time a rider thinks a ride is unsafe, or feels unsafe, the rider should quit the ride.
- Details of this event are subject to change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify the club at email@example.com.
Please read the following Cancellation Policy carefully!