|Event Type:||Road Ride|
|Event Location:||Start at 22X and 37th Street SW. Arrive 15 minutes before start. Park in the 22X median or if necessary on 96 St to the south. |
|Date(s) & Time:||Sun, May 7 2017
|Registration Cut Off:
Sat, May 6 2017 6:00:00 PM
|Event Duration:||6 hours|
|Event Distance:||85 km|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Advanced and Intermediate|
You must be logged in to get the Trip Coordinator contact information.
Members & Prospective New Members, 18 And Older Only
|Maximum Group Size:||25|
|Maximum No. Guests:||5|
|Minimum Group Size:||2|
|Maximum No. Guests Per Member:||1|
|Number Registered So Far:||
3 registered, 0 waiting. (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
Loop of 85 km
over beautiful foothills
with great views.
Route (see map
- 96 St south
(96 St aka 37 St on
Calgary grid, and aka Secondary 773)
- 112 St
south, including a few challenging hills
- 22 south
and west to Millarville. Lunch. Store sells
- 549 west
762 north past Square Butte Community Hall
Plummers Road east
past Brown Lowery Park to Hiway 22
22 south, or cross 22
going east and take 192 St south
- 274 Ave
east then 226 Ave
- 96 St (773) north to starting
|Required Items to Bring:|
Road bike and good tires please.
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
See Event> Event Checklists for clothing, tools,
spare parts, food and water and miscellaneous.
Bring map and cell phone. Plenty of lunch.
This is a great prep ride for the GT. Road
rides of this difficulty spread out the riders
and make regrouping of the whole group
unmanageable. We will form into subgroups at
the start and keep the coordinator and our
riding buddies informed, one way or another,
about deviations from the planned route and
schedule. Subgroups will set their own pace and
regroup points. |
- Most club rides include city streets, secondary roads and or major highways. The club encourages members to follow the rules of the road at all times while participating in EVCC events.
- Riders must be aware that cycling, while enjoyable and great exercise, carries some risks including injury and death. Riders must be alert for hazardous conditions/situations throughout the course of a ride. If at any time a rider thinks a ride is unsafe, or feels unsafe, the rider should quit the ride.
- Details of this event are subject to change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify the club at email@example.com.
Please read the following Cancellation Policy carefully!