BRAGG CREEK PRV PARK TO FORGETMENOT POND - SAT, AUG 5 2017
Download to your Outlook Calendar
You are STRONGLY encouraged to read this page in its entirety before signing up. If you'd like to attend, we ask that you abide by our rules and procedures as a time/cost saving process (with an end result of keeping membership and event costs down).
|Event Type:||Road Ride|
|Event Location:||Bragg Creek Provincial Park|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Aug 5 2017
|Registration Cut Off:
Fri, Aug 4 2017 6:00:00 PM
|Event Duration:||~4.5 hours|
|Event Distance:||60 km|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Advanced and Intermediate|
You must be logged in to get the Trip Coordinator contact information.
Members & Prospective New Members, All Ages Welcome
|Maximum Group Size:||24|
|Maximum No. Guests:||6|
|Minimum Group Size:||2|
|Maximum No. Guests Per Member:||3|
|Number Registered So Far:||
23 registered, 0 waiting. (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
|This is a Club Cruise with no one left behind,
but not everyone in the same group. It's out
and back on Highway 66 and there are several
intermediate destinations before ForgetMeNot
Pond. Here are the distances between gathering
Bragg Creek Prov Park, out southwest on SR758
and Hiway 66
19 km to Elbow Falls, flat and rolling,
6 km to Rainy Summit, good climb from river
level, nice road with nice stopping places,
5 km to ForgetMeNot Pond, descent back to river
level at the end of Hiway 66.
Riders can turn around at Elbow Falls, making
it an easy to intermediate 38 km ride. It's a
good climb from the Falls to Rainy Summit (and
a thrilling drop back down), so if you turn
around at the summit it's a 50 km ride. If you
do both climbs it's probably an advanced ride.
Of course it's possible to turn around any time
during the ride, but please don't do so
If you do the full 60 km ride there is a fair
bit of climbing, about 900m cumulative, most of
it ascending to Rainy Summit out and back. On
the way out it feels like the climb to
Vermillion Pass on the first morning of the GT.
The way back from ForgetMeNot Pond to Rainy
Summit is a little easier, but still a good
We will meet in the Bragg Creek Provincial Park
parking lot just south of Bragg Creek on SR
758. We'll define subgroups of riders and
meeting point strategies before starting out,
and then revisit the plans as we go. You can
always change your mind about your route - just
tell one of your riding buddies who will inform
Bring a lunch or snack for the road and we'll
likely have coffee or a smoothy at the Cinnamon
Spoon Cafe in the Bragg Creek mall after the
|Required Items to Bring:|
- Tire repair kit
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||Just south of Bragg Creek on SR 758 (not Hiway
22), look for the Park entrance on the west
side of road. Be there at 9:45 for launch at
There are toilets at
parking lot and at the Falls.
- Most club rides include city streets, secondary roads and or major highways. The club encourages members to follow the rules of the road at all times while participating in EVCC events.|
- Riders must be aware that cycling, while enjoyable and great exercise, carries some risks including injury and death. Riders must be alert for hazardous conditions/situations throughout the course of a ride. If at any time a rider thinks a ride is unsafe, or feels unsafe, the rider should quit the ride.
- Details of this event are subject to change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify the club at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read the following Cancellation Policy carefully!