BIKE & BLUES - FREE NOON HOUR CONCERT - WED, AUG 2 2017
Download to your Outlook Calendar
You are STRONGLY encouraged to read this page in its entirety before signing up. If you'd like to attend, we ask that you abide by our rules and procedures as a time/cost saving process (with an end result of keeping membership and event costs down).
|Event Type:||Urban Ride|
|Event Location:||Edworthy Park (south side, near tracks)|
|Date(s) & Time:||Wed, Aug 2 2017
|Registration Cut Off:
Wed, Aug 2 2017 8:00:00 AM
|Event Duration:||3 - 4 hours +/-, including concert|
|Event Distance:||30 km|
|Difficulty Rating:||D1: Easy|
You must be logged in to get the Trip Coordinator contact information.
Members Only, 18 And Older Only
|Maximum Group Size:||10|
|Maximum No. Guests:||0|
|Minimum Group Size:||4|
|Maximum No. Guests Per Member:||0|
|Number Registered So Far:||
10 registered, 0 waiting. (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
|Let's meet at Edworthy Park, near the tracks on the south side
of the river, at 10:45 am for an 11:00 am take-off.
We'll ride along the Bow River pathway, through Eau Claire,
and to the beautiful historic concert venue at the Cathedral Church,
across from the northwest corner of Olympic Plaza, at 7th Ave
and 1st St SE, arriving early enough to lock up our bikes, grab
a complimentary coffee, and get seats together. |
This concert features blues singer and songwriter 'Sugar Brown', and is a co-presentation with the Calgary International Bluesfest. As are all Pro Arts noon hour performances, this concert is free; however, please consider making a donation, especially if you store your bike inside. BTW, you are
welcome to eat your bag lunch during the performance.
After the concert, we'll continue our pathway ride through East
Village, around the revamped St. Patrick's Island, and then
return to Edworthy Park, with an optional add-on of Bowness
|Required Items to Bring:|
- helmet, water, bike lock, bag lunch, cash for optional
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||Edworthy Park can be reached from the south side via Bow
Trail, 45th St SW and Spruce Drive - or - from the north side
via Bowness Rd or Shaganappi Trail NW in Montgomery, and
then biking over the foot bridge to the south side. The parking lot on the north side of Edworthy Park may be full with commuters, so plan extra time to park elsewhere (like Shouldice Park, or along 13th Ave NW, accessed from Home Road, south of 16th Ave NW), and ride to the meeting point.|
- Most club rides include city streets, secondary roads and or major highways. The club encourages members to follow the rules of the road at all times while participating in EVCC events.|
- Riders must be aware that cycling, while enjoyable and great exercise, carries some risks including injury and death. Riders must be alert for hazardous conditions/situations throughout the course of a ride. If at any time a rider thinks a ride is unsafe, or feels unsafe, the rider should quit the ride.
- Details of this event are subject to change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify the club at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read the following Cancellation Policy carefully!
*Note: The coordinator reserves the right to cancel this event if the minimum number of attendees do not sign up by the registration deadline. This event may also be cancelled due to inclement weather or other eventualities. If this is a paid event, please refer to our Refunds and Deposits Policy. If you are unsure about whether the event will go for any reason, please email/phone the coordinator for confirmation.