COWICHAN VALLEY/GULF ISLANDS TOUR - SAT, APR 7 2018, SUN, APR 8 2018, MON, APR 9 2018, TUE, APR 10 2018, WED, APR 11 2018, THU, APR 12 2018, FRI, APR 13 2018, SAT, APR 14 2018, SUN, APR 15 2018
Download to your Outlook Calendar
You are STRONGLY encouraged to read this page in its entirety before signing up. If you'd like to attend, we ask that you abide by our rules and procedures as a time/cost saving process (with an end result of keeping membership and event costs down).
|Event Type:||Multi-Day Road|
|Event Location:||Vancouver Island/Gulf Islands|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Apr 7 2018, Sun, Apr 8 2018, Mon, Apr 9 2018, Tue, Apr 10 2018, Wed, Apr 11 2018, Thu, Apr 12 2018, Fri, Apr 13 2018, Sat, Apr 14 2018, Sun, Apr 15 2018
|Registration Cut Off:
Thu, Mar 15 2018 12:00:00 AM
|Event Duration:||9 days|
|Event Distance:||500 km|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Intermediate|
You must be logged in to get the Trip Coordinator contact information.
|Member Cost:||CAD $200.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
Members Only, 18 And Older Only
|Maximum Group Size:||30|
|Maximum No. Guests:||0|
|Minimum Group Size:||12|
|Maximum No. Guests Per Member:||0|
|Number Registered So Far:||
30 registered, 0 waiting or not paid yet. (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
blooms -- tulips and daffodils
highest and longest rail/trail trestle in the Commonwealth
Cider & wine
tasting; great food and cafes; Ganges Saturday market
We will ride a loop from Sidney (north
of Victoria) Brentwood Bay - Mill Bay - Cowichan Bay - Shawnigan
Lake - Duncan - Lake
Cowichan - Chemainus - Crofton - Ganges - Gulf Islands - Victoria
Day trip water taxi shuttles to
Pender, and Mayne Islands from our
Quiet but hilly roads and the
potential for some moisture
The tour leaves
late morning from Victoria
Airport (Sidney) on Saturday,
April 7 and
arrives back in time to prep bikes for a late afternoon
flight back to Calgary
Sunday April 15. Participants are responsible for
their own travel to and from Victoria.
A gear shuttle will
be carry baggage between airport and from one accommodation to the next
The tour price is in the $1000-1100 range, and
accommodation, luggage shuttle, ferries and Gulf Island water
A bike shuttle from Calgary to Victoria
(return) will be available for for those who would like to fly.
Lockers are available at Victoria Airport to
stow bicycle shipping cases.
Accommodation is double occupancy.
Singles who want
their own room should add roughly 50%
up here. The deposit is $200 (please read the deposit refund
The balance is due by cheque, the amount of
which and other detials, once determined, will be emailed to
If you’d like more
details, please phone or email Don Hollingshead 403-289-7061.
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
order to reduce the amount of $ paid to the credit card company (2.5%),
the majority of the registration fee is to be paid by cheque (details
will be communicated in an email from the coordinator).
amount and payment deadline will be communicated via email once you
- Registration is NOT COMPLETE until you've signed up and paid by the registration cut off date. The money must be in the EVCC's possession by that date. No exceptions.
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met. For any events where EVCC needs a minimum number of participants, there will be absolutely no refunds of money if you or your guest(s) cancel.
- Most club rides include city streets, secondary roads and or major highways. The club encourages members to follow the rules of the road at all times while participating in EVCC events.
- Riders must be aware that cycling, while enjoyable and great exercise, carries some risks including injury and death. Riders must be alert for hazardous conditions/situations throughout the course of a ride. If at any time a rider thinks a ride is unsafe, or feels unsafe, the rider should quit the ride.
- Details of this event are subject to change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify the club at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Member Cost:||CAD $200.00/Person|
|Cost Includes:||hotels, ferries, luggage transfer|
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the EVCC on Thu, Mar 15 2018.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please read the following Cancellation Policy carefully!
*Note: The coordinator reserves the right to cancel this event if the minimum number of attendees do not sign up by the registration deadline. This event may also be cancelled due to inclement weather or other eventualities. If this is a paid event, please refer to our Refunds and Deposits Policy. If you are unsure about whether the event will go for any reason, please email/phone the coordinator for confirmation.
your deposit/payment has been received, a cancellation fee of $25 will be
de-ducted from your refund, regardless of when you cancel up to 45 days from the
to 45 days prior to tour departure: Full refund minus the $25 cancellation
fee. 44 - 30 days prior to tour departure: 50% refund.
than 30 days, no refund.
If a paying replacement is found to take your seat, then you will receive a full
refund minus the $25 automatic cancellation fee. In the unlikely event
that the tour is entirely cancelled, your payment will be fully refunded.
such as air-line tickets, costs incurred due to travel delays, flight
cancellations or illness and related costs incurred by a member but not included
in the EVCC trip fee are not refundable by the EVCC. Members are advised to
purchase their own travel cancellation insurance.