MTB CYPRESS HILLS - 4 DAYS - SAT, JUL 21 2018
Download to your Outlook Calendar
You are STRONGLY encouraged to read this page in its entirety before signing up. If you'd like to attend, we ask that you abide by our rules and procedures as a time/cost saving process (with an end result of keeping membership and event costs down).
|Event Type:||MTB Trail|
|Event Location:||Elkwater, AB|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Jul 21 2018
|Registration Cut Off:
Fri, Jul 20 2018 11:30:00 PM
|Event Duration:||2-4 Days|
|Event Distance:||25 km|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Intermediate|
You must be logged in to get the Trip Coordinator contact information.
Members & Prospective New Members, 18 And Older Only
|Maximum Group Size:||20|
|Maximum No. Guests:||4|
|Minimum Group Size:||1|
|Maximum No. Guests Per Member:||2|
|Number Registered So Far:||
2 registered, 0 waiting. (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
| This posting is mainly for information only. - I have been riding
there for a few years now, and organized as an event last year. Have had a number of requests to put it on again -
Camping / hotel space is in short supply there even with the many campgrounds available - Don't wait too long to book something if you want to come!
Here's a couple videos of one of the newer trails:
Cypress Hills, being the same elevation as Banff, offers some very
good mountain biking - Similar to Bragg Creek area - except
without the crowds! Most rides we will encounter very few, if
any other riders.
There are lots of trails that can be ridden as a loop, or
combined in many different combinations. There are newly
built, and old, more rugged trails for exploring. Most of the trails
are on Trailforks.com. Elkwater is small enough everyone can
meet up easily if in different campgrounds. You can ride right from your campsite / hotel. Yes, there is
cellular coverage there.
You are responsible for accommodations, food, etc. There are
MANY campgrounds in Elkwater as well as hotel rooms.
staying in the Firerock campground. Come for a night or two or
We may be able to arrange some carpooling with anyone interested. Contact me and we can try to arrange to connect people.
|Required Items to Bring:|
- Mountain Bike in GOOD WORKING CONDITION.
- Helmet - NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Clothing for any summer riding conditions.
- Tool kit, tubes, hydration system.
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
- Spare derailleur hanger to fit your bike.(If
you don't have one - get one now!!)
- Camping supplies (if camping). Firewood is
available for sale.
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||East on HWY 1 to Medicine hat. Continue 30km east on HWY 1. South on HWY 41 for 35km to Elkwater.|
- Most club rides include city streets, secondary roads and or major highways. The club encourages members to follow the rules of the road at all times while participating in EVCC events.|
- Riders must be aware that cycling, while enjoyable and great exercise, carries some risks including injury and death. Riders must be alert for hazardous conditions/situations throughout the course of a ride. If at any time a rider thinks a ride is unsafe, or feels unsafe, the rider should quit the ride.
- Details of this event are subject to change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify the club at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read the following Cancellation Policy carefully!
*Note: The coordinator reserves the right to cancel this event if the minimum number of attendees do not sign up by the registration deadline. This event may also be cancelled due to inclement weather or other eventualities. If this is a paid event, please refer to our Refunds and Deposits Policy. If you are unsure about whether the event will go for any reason, please email/phone the coordinator for confirmation.