|Event Type:||Road Ride|
|Event Location:||Kananaskis Galatea trailhead|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sun, Jul 15 2018
|Registration Cut Off:
Sun, Jul 15 2018 8:00:00 AM
|Event Duration:||4 hrs|
|Event Distance:||65 km|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Intermediate|
You must be logged in to get the Trip Coordinator contact information.
Members Only, 18 And Older Only
|Maximum Group Size:||10|
|Maximum No. Guests:||0|
|Minimum Group Size:||2|
|Maximum No. Guests Per Member:||0|
|Number Registered So Far:||
6 registered, 0 waiting. (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
|Dist: 65 kms|
Elevation: ~570 meters cumulative
Riding pace: 20-25 kms/hr
We will meet at the Galatea trailhead parking
lot in Kananaskis which is about 1 hour drive
from the West end of Calgary. Please plan to
arrive 10 to 15 mins early, in order to get
ready to start at 10:00 AM.
We will cycle south on Hwy 40 to the winter
gate, then turn right on Kananaskis Lakes Rd.
We will ride to the end of the road to the
Interlakes Day Use Area where we will have
lunch. We will then return the same way we
There will be no sweeping, but we will regroup
at the gate on the way out and at the Lakes for
This is a very scenic ride which is generally
uphill to the Interlakes Day Area and
generally downhill on the way back.
Option to go for ice cream at Boundary Ranch
after the ride (7.5 kms from Galatea).
|Required Items to Bring:|
- Road bike, well maintained
- Spare tube and tools
- Water and snacks for the whole ride
- Extra clothing for any type of weather
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
- First Aid kit
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||After leaving the city on Hwy 1 West, take the
Kananaskis/Hwy 40 exit. Drive ~30 kms South on
Hwy 40 to the Galatea Trailhead which is on
the right, past the Kananaskis Golf Course. There
are washrooms available.|
- Most club rides include city streets, secondary roads and or major highways. The club encourages members to follow the rules of the road at all times while participating in EVCC events.|
- Riders must be aware that cycling, while enjoyable and great exercise, carries some risks including injury and death. Riders must be alert for hazardous conditions/situations throughout the course of a ride. If at any time a rider thinks a ride is unsafe, or feels unsafe, the rider should quit the ride.
- Details of this event are subject to change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify the club at email@example.com.
Please read the following Cancellation Policy carefully!
*Note: The coordinator reserves the right to cancel this
event if the minimum number of attendees do not
sign up by the registration deadline. This event
may also be cancelled due to inclement weather or
other eventualities. If this is a paid event,
please refer to our Refunds and Deposits
Policy. If you are unsure about whether the
event will go for any reason, please email/phone
the coordinator for confirmation.