- Membership will be granted upon completion of the on-line membership application or membership renewal and payment of the annual fee.
- Honorary membership may be granted by the Executive committee of the club to a member or past member for the period to be determined by the Executive in recognition of past services rendered to the Club.
- Honorary membership will be granted to members of the Executive committee for the duration of their term in office.
- Membership may be revoked by the Executive committee and should this happen such a member will be eligible for a pro-rated refund of membership fees.
Multi-Day Event Payments and Refunds
- Multi-day events may be paid on-line or, for some events, by cheque. Cheques in payment of multi-day events shall be made out to the Elbow Valley Cycle Club and delivered to the Treasurer through the Coordinators of the multi-day rides. This policy does not apply to the Golden Triangle where only credit card payments are permitted.
- The EVCC will attempt to ensure that members who coordinate rides are not 'out of pocket' when plans must change.
- Members who cancel their booking for exceptional reasons such as illness or family emergency may apply for a refund. Refunds will be considered and issued on a case by case basis by order of the Director, Multi-Day Rides.
- When posting multi-day rides, coordinators will indicate deposit and full payment dates and the refund policy specific to their ride.
- If the Club must cancel an event, for whatever reason, the club will issue a full refund.
- In the event that a ride must be cancelled after it has started no refunds are promised.
- All tour participants will be responsible for any unexpected expenses that may arise from events such as weather delays, transportation problems or emergency costs.
- Surpluses in excess of $25 per person may be returned to the members, or retained by the club for future events.