Wanted: Graphic designer for brand and marketing project
We are the Elbow Valley Cycle Club (EVCC), the largest recreational bike club in Western Canada. We offer good exercise, friendship and fun for hundreds of members with approximately 250 events each year.
After almost 40 years of operation, we think it’s time to update our brand and logo to better reflect the vibrant club we are today. A strong brand will strengthen our marketing efforts to attract new members and enhance the sense of community with our existing members.
Our new look will be implemented on all our club communications, social media and club gear such as bike jerseys.
- We’re looking for a creative and talented graphic designer with strong artistic skills.
- You’ll help us develop a new logo with visual appeal, and other brand elements such as a consistent colour palette and fonts.
- We’d also like guidance for implementing and sustaining the brand effectively.
- Knowledge of branding and marketing strategies
- Graphic design and illustration skills
- Digital communications expertise, e.g., social media
- Collaborative approach to work with our branding committee effectively
Certification or education required:
- Education related to graphic design, arts, marketing and/or communication is preferred
- 3-4 months part-time project
- Expected to be few hours a week on average, depending on how much time you need to develop design concepts (more work up front for initial designs)
- A small number of evening meetings with our committee
Why get involved with this project?
- Work with our branding committee – an experienced group of communications, marketing, strategy and design professionals
- Share our passion for fun, fitness and the great outdoors
- Earn a $500 honorarium as thanks for your contributions to our club
- We will also promote your name/business on our website, social media channels and other club communications
Please contact us to express your interest and ask any questions you have about the project.
If you’d like us to consider you for our team, we will ask for:
- Resume or bio outlining your skills and experience
- Cover letter letting us know why you’re interested in working with us
- Work samples that showcase your talents and skills
Deadline: We will accept expressions of interest until February 15, 2022.
Thanks for your interest in the EVCC.
Please share this opportunity with others in your network!